You love your home and garden, but it can be hard to keep it organized with all the stuff you have. It’s hard to find items you need, and hard to get things done when you don’t have the right tools on hand. Luckily, there are plenty of practical ways to keep your home and garden organized that don’t cost too much money or require extensive renovations to implement. Here are eight of the best practical ways to keep your home and garden organized this spring and summer!
Home and garden storage ideas are the perfect way to keep your home and garden organized so that you can find what you need, when you need it. If you’re looking for some organization inspiration, these eight practical ways to keep your home and garden organized will help you get started on an organizational makeover today!
Building an organized home and garden can be extremely rewarding, as you’ll have more space to yourself and your family, as well as ample storage room to keep everything in its proper place. However, many people struggle with the challenge of organizing their home and garden, especially if they don’t have much time or money to spare on this project. To help you tackle this storage issue, here are eight practical ways to keep your home and garden organized that require little-to-no time or money investment from you!
What kind of storage do you need?
Do you need a place to store garden tools, lawn furniture, or kids’ toys? Maybe you just want a spot to keep extra supplies for your home business. Whatever your needs, there are plenty of backyard storage ideas to choose from. Use an old dresser as a workbench by adding some shelves, hooks, and drawers to create a handy DIY toolbox. Or fill up empty corners with freestanding storage cabinets that let you maximize vertical space while keeping things off the ground and out of the way.
Create makeshift shelving by installing a cinder block under your deck steps and filling it with buckets, recycling bins, or anything else you need to get organized. Don’t forget to spruce up your outdoor storage area with items like flowerpots (to hide ugly bins) or urns (to make it more attractive).
Small space solution will enhance your Home and Garden
If you have a small backyard, you may feel like you don’t have enough space to store all of your gardening tools and supplies. But with a little creativity, you can turn your small backyard into a storage oasis. Here are eight ideas to get you started:
- Use vertical space. If you have a small yard, chances are you don’t have a lot of horizontal space to work with. But that doesn’t mean you can’t make use of vertical space. Install shelves or hooks on the walls of your shed or garage to store garden tools, potting soil, and other supplies.
- Get creative with containers. Don’t limit yourself to traditional storage containers like plastic bins or metal cabinets. You might want to think outside the box by using items like buckets, hanging baskets, milk crates, or even old doors. These types of containers will help keep your items organized while providing some interesting decoration for your backyard space.
Large space solution
Hide storage areas in plain sight. In many cases, people find themselves putting their garbage cans out back where they’re visible from inside their home. Instead of doing this try placing a second garbage can in an inconspicuous area near your trash cans so as not to detract from the aesthetics of your backyard space (or so guests won’t know where to put their trash). Utilize empty spaces in creative ways. A well-built shed can enhance your home and garden in many ways.
It can provide additional storage space for lawn equipment, pool supplies, or holiday decorations. A shed can also be used as a workshop for woodworking, gardening, or other hobbies. Plus, sheds can add value to your property and improve its curb appeal. If you’re considering adding a shed to your home, be sure to consult with a professional to ensure it’s built properly and up to code.
Make Sheds for Small Things Around
There’s no need to spend a fortune on storage sheds when you can build your own out of repurposed materials. Check out these eight backyard storage ideas that will help you keep your home and garden organized:
- Build a shed from repurposed materials.
- Use an old dresser as a potting bench.
- Turn an old fridge into a planter.
- Upcycle an old pallet into a vertical herb garden.
- Make a hanging fruit basket out of an old tire.
- Repurpose an old ladder into a plant stand.
- Use mason jars to store small gardening tools.
- Mount hooks on the wall for things like rakes, shovels, etc.