Tiny Bathroom Ideas, A tiny bathroom can often feel as though it’s too small to be used effectively, and while there are ways to maximize your space, it’s important not to get carried away with design elements that could make your bathroom look smaller than it actually is. Remember these 10 rules when you’re thinking about how to decorate and design your bijou bathroom and you’ll end up with a room that feels luxurious even if its floor space isn’t all that large!
Bathrooms are one of the most important rooms in the house, but that doesn’t mean they have to be huge! When you live in a small apartment, it can be difficult to find space for all of your personal items and toiletries. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to create an inviting and relaxing bathroom in even the tiniest spaces. We’ve put together some tiny bathroom ideas that will help you get the most out of your small space—without sacrificing functionality or luxury!
Tiny Bathroom Ideas: Choose Light Colours
When it comes to tiny bathroom ideas, light colours are your best friend. Opt for pale wall tiles, like white or cream, to make the space feel as large as possible. Choose furniture in a similar shade, or in a contrasting light colour to add interest. Mirrors are also a great way to create the illusion of more space – hang one above your sink, or on a free-standing unit.
Add some luxury touches with plush towels, a scented candle and some fresh flowers. If you have the space, a small vase or pot plant can also help to spruce up the room. Finally, keep things tidy by investing in some clever storage solutions – baskets, shelves and hooks are all great ways to maximise space in a small bathroom. You could even use them to show off your favourite items, such as fragrant soaps or pretty towels.
It’s also worth considering whether there is any part of the room that might be wasted space. For example, if there is a window opposite the toilet, adding shelving below it can provide additional storage for items that would otherwise go out of sight.
Homeowners who want to get creative with their designs should take inspiration from this list of 10 ways to transform their tiny bathroom into an inviting and luxurious retreat!
Get Rid of Clutter
- Use a minimalist approach when it comes to designing your tiny bathroom. This means keeping countertops clear and avoiding any excessive decoration.
- Go for a monochromatic color scheme. This will make your small bathroom appear more spacious and luxurious.
- Install large mirrors to reflect light and make the space appear bigger.
- Choose sleek and simple fixtures that won’t clutter up the space.
- Avoid floor-to-ceiling cabinets if possible, as they can make the space feel even smaller.
- Hang towel bars or hooks on the back of doors to save space.
- Finally, add some greenery or a few scented candles to give the room a fresh and relaxing vibe.
- A white-washed look is another popular option in tiny bathrooms – this is achieved by painting all surfaces with a white paint and adding in darker colors only as accents.
- Try using dark colors like navy blue or black in dark corners to create depth.
- Keep out of reach items away from sink area so you don’t have to worry about bumping into them while getting ready in the morning!
Install Smart Storage
When it comes to tiny bathroom ideas, storage is key. Free up space on your countertops by installing smart storage solutions like wall-mounted shelves or medicine cabinets. Then, declutter your surfaces with pretty accessories that double as decor. Remember, the less clutter you have in your bathroom, the more room you’ll have for essentials (e.g., towels and toiletries). The size of a bathroom can dictate how much storage you need. If you’re working with limited square footage, here are some ways to create a functional design:
1) Install shelving units above your sink and mirror 2) Hang an attractive towel rack over the toilet 3) Add hooks inside the shower door for coats, bathrobes, and other wet items 4) Store smaller items like makeup brushes in a deep drawer under the sink 5) Create additional storage in small spaces with mirrored doors 6) Install a hidden shoe organizer next to the tub 7) Add a shelf below your sink 8) Use cupboards instead of drawers 9) Replace low-level racks with taller ones 10) Save floor space by mounting shelves onto walls.