Bathroom vanity ideas are important, but there’s not a lot of advice out there about the subject. Luckily, we’ve done the hard work for you and compiled 26 bathroom vanity ideas that will help you make your space stand out from the crowd!
These 8 bathroom vanity ideas can be used on their own or combined with others to create stunning design features that elevate your vanity area in ways you may never have imagined! Let’s get started! Bathroom vanity ideas can range from simple and rustic to elaborate and luxurious depending on your taste, the style of your home, and what you’re willing to spend on bathroom décor. It’s not necessary to make a big splash with your vanity area when there are so many other areas to focus on in the bathroom itself.
Bathroom vanity ideas are great because they allow you to add some personality to your bathroom in an unobtrusive way. You can use your vanity ideas to add storage space, art, and other things that can help you get ready each morning. In fact, if you have limited space in your bathroom or don’t want anything too distracting, it can be difficult to decide where to put what without looking cluttered.
Here are eight bathroom vanity ideas that will help you make your vanity area stand out without taking up a lot of visual space. But if you’re like me, and have an appreciation for fun décor with function, then you’ll appreciate these 8 ways to make your vanity area stand out from the rest of the bathroom!
Bathroom Vanity Ideas: Interesting Plaques, Frames, or Ornaments
Plaques, frames, and ornaments are a great way to add personality to your bathroom vanity.
- Collect interesting plaques or plates that represent different aspects of your life and hang them on the wall behind your vanity.
- Frame family photos or other cherished memories and display them on your vanity.
- Hang a decorative mirror on the wall behind your vanity.
- Place a vase of fresh flowers on your vanity.
- Display a scented candle on your vanity.
- Place a bowl of potpourri on your vanity.
- Add a small water fountain to your vanity area. You can find inexpensive fountains in many stores. If you want to invest in a more expensive one, check out this example from Williams-Sonoma ($139).
- The sound of running water is soothing and refreshing for those times when you need some me time in the bathroom. You’ll also want to keep an eye on how much electricity your fountains use as they can be pretty power hungry.
- Find fun little trinkets like this hedgehog from CB2 ($14) and place them around your vanity area for some added whimsy!
Awesome Shelves on Both Sides
Shelves are a great way to store and organize items in your bathroom. They can also be used to display décor items and add a touch of style to the space. If you have a small bathroom, shelves can help make it appear larger by providing extra storage without taking up too much floor space. Here are eight ways to use shelves to make your vanity area stand out Wall Mounted Shelf
1) Wall mounted shelves offer an easy way to incorporate shelving into your bathroom without using any floor space. The best part is that they’re versatile enough for all types of bathrooms – whether you’re trying to give more height or width to the room, they’ll provide plenty of opportunities for placement.
2) Another great thing about these types of shelves is that there’s no limit on what kind of décor items you can put on them. They look good with plants, candles or even just framed photos! One idea is to place them above the toilet where they can double as a light shelf and provide additional storage for makeup bags or towels.
Decorate with single color scheme in Bathroom
It’s a place where you start and end your day, so it’s important to make it a space that reflects your personal style. One way to do that is by giving your bathroom vanity a makeover. Here are eight bathroom vanity ideas to help you create a space that’s both stylish and functional. One of the simplest ways to give your bathroom vanity a face-lift is with some color.
Paint or cover your vanity top with a new material such as fabric or faux marble. You can also try adding a decorative rug underneath for an extra layer of texture or pattern. When you have nothing but white on the walls, white light fixtures and white tiles, try adding colorful accessories like towels, flowers or even decorative storage containers to liven up the look.
Another way to add flair is with wall decor above your mirror – try stenciling pretty designs onto wallpaper paper and then layering them on top of each other for a full three-dimensional effect.